For patients that are not eligible for a heart transplant, a Ventricular Assist Device can be a long term solution for heart conditions. For patients that are eligible for heart transplant, a VAD can be a temporary solution until a heart donor becomes available. Presidio VAD is a complete solution for the continuum care of VAD patients. Screening, evaluation, implantation, hospitalization and follow-up events can all be managed via Presidio VAD. INTERMACSTM registry support is provided with report generation for patient registration submission.*
* Registry data must be entered manually into INTERMACSTM from our generated report. The registry does not provide a method to electronically upload reports at this time.
- Initial screening and evaluation
- Detailed evaluation with diagnostic studies
- Radiology, Pathology and cardiology testing
- Presentation and presentation report
- Implant details
- Hospital stay: admission, ICU, Telemetry floor, Discharge
- Post-implant follow-up, Clinic Visits
- Adverse event documentation
- Equipment management
- INTERMACS report generation
- Evaluation, diagnostics studies and other testing entry is automated via interfaces to hospital systems
- Manual entry for results is provided for systems that don’t support interfaces
INTERMACS is a national registry for patients who are receiving mechanical circulatory support device therapy to treat advanced heart failure. CMS mandated that all United States hospitals approved for mechanical circulatory support as Destination Therapy (DT) must enter mechanical circulatory support patient data into a national database, and Presidio VAD provides automated report generation to support this.
- Tracks all components with lot and serial numbers, manufacturer, date issued /removed, callback date, preventive maintenance date, status and comments
- Devices can be assigned as a group from predefined content of packages
- Serial numbers and lot numbers can be scanned into application
- Device status is tracked, for example: issued to patient or returned to manufacturer
Ease of Use
Modules have been optimized for the roles of various care providers, specific screens have been included for users entering data, and others have been designed for users that are primarily viewing entered data.