Presidio Ventricular Assist Device follows the Intermacs protocol in tracking mechanically assisted circulatory support devices from evaluation, to implant and follow-up thereby providing a solution for the continuum of care for VAD patients.
Presidio VAD helps manage screenings, evaluations, implantation, hospitalizations and follow-up events.
INTERMACS™ registry support is provided for patient registration report generation and submission. (Registry data must be manually entered into INTERMACS from the Presidio VAD report since the registry does not provide a method for electronic uploads).
- Initial screening and evaluation
- Detailed evaluation and diagnostic study
- Radiology, pathology and cardiology testing
- Presentation and presentation report
- Implant details
- Hospital stay: admission, ICU, Telemetry floor and discharge
- Post-implant follow-up and clinic visits
- Adverse event and documentation
- Equipment management
- INTERMACS report generation
- Evaluation, diagnostic studies and other test entry is automated via interfaces to hospital systems.
- Manual entry for results is provided for systems that do not support interfaces.
- Tracks all components by lot and serial numbers, manufacturer, date issued & removed, callback date, preventive maintenance date, status and comments
- Devices can be assigned as a group from predefined content of packages
- Serial numbers and lot numbers can be scanned into application
- Device status is tracked, such as issued to patient or returned to manufacturer
Presidio VAD provides automated report generation which supports the CMS mandate that all US hospitals that are approved for mechanical circulatory support, such as Destination Therapy (DT), must enter mechanical circulatory support patient data into a national database. INTERMACS is the national registry for patients receiving mechanical circulatory support device therapy to treat advanced heart failure.
Ease of Use
This module has been optimized to meet the needs of various types of care providers. Specific screens have been included for users who need to enter data, while other screens have been designed for users who are primarily viewing the entered data.