Presidio Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) interfaces with Epic and follows the INTERMACS protocol to track mechanically assisted circulatory support devices from evaluation, to implant and follow-up. It provides a continuum of care solution for VAD patients.
Presidio VAD helps manage screenings, evaluations, implantations, hospitalizations and follow-up events.
INTERMACS™ registry support is provided for patient registration report generation and submissions. (Registry data must be manually entered into INTERMACS from the Presidio VAD report since the registry does not provide a method for electronic uploads).
- Initial screening and evaluation
- Detailed evaluation and diagnostic study
- Radiology, pathology and cardiology testing
- Presentation and presentation report
- Implant details
- Hospital stay: admission, ICU, Telemetry floor and discharge
- Post-implant follow-up and clinic visits
- Adverse event and documentation
- Equipment management
- INTERMACS report generation
- Links to patient data in Epic, including lab results and medications.
- User accounts are linked to a user’s Epic Id for a single sign-on experience.
- Evaluation, diagnostic studies and other test entry is automated via interfaces to hospital systems.
- Manual entry for results is provided for systems that do not support interfaces.
- Tracks all components by lot and serial numbers, manufacturer, date issued & removed, callback date, preventive maintenance date, status and comments.
- Devices can be assigned to a group from predefined package contents.
- Serial numbers and lot numbers can be scanned into the application.
- Device status is tracked, including any patient issues or returns to manufacturer.
Presidio VAD provides automated report generation to support the CMS mandate that all US hospitals are approved for mechanical circulatory support, such as Destination Therapy (DT). Hospitals must enter mechanical circulatory support patient data into INTERMACS, the national database and registry for patients receiving mechanical circulatory support device therapy used to treat advanced heart failure.
Ease of Use
This module has been optimized to meet the needs of various types of care providers. Specific screens have been included for users who need to enter data, while other screens have been designed for users who are primarily viewing the entered data.